15 Companies Hiring Now
McDonald’s franchise restaurants, Ronald McDonald House Charity
Is the leading global food service retailer. McDonald’s employs 1.6 million people in more than 30000 restaurants worldwide; it serves 52 million people in more than 100 countries each day.
Industry: Chain Restaurant
Corporate Offices: Oak Brook, Illinois
Other Major Office Branches: Bethesda, Maryland
How They’ve Handled the Recession: When times are tough, it is hard to resist the prices of a Dollar Menu. CEO Jim Skinner says the hamburger giant is “recession-resistant.” Additionally, with their expansive reach across the globe, McDonald’s is still as popular as ever with global sales up 7.7% increase in Europe and up 4.5% in the U.S. in November. Because of the international boost, third quarter earnings rose 6% from last year’s. There’s even a term called the “Big Mac Index” coined by The Economist magazine: “the comparison of a Big Mac’s cost in various world currencies can be used to informally judge these currencies’ purchasing power parity.”
Working at McDonald’s: McDonald’s trains its franchisees and others at Hamburger University in Oak Brook, Illinois.
- McDonald’s Named One of 100 Best Companies for Working Moms
- 2001, LATINA Style Magazine recognizes McDonald’s Corporation As One Of The Top 50 Best Companies for Hispanic Women to Work for in the USA.
- 1998, Fortune Magazine Global Most Admired Companies, “McDonald’s Corporation was named the most admired company in the food services category”.
- ComputerWorld Magazine 1997 recognized McDonald’s Corporation As One Of The Top 100 Places To Work In Information Systems.
- ComputerWorld Magazine 1997 recognized McDonald’s Corporation As One Of The Top’s In Training.
|APPAREL AND COSMETIC COMPANIES|