Resume Example: Receptionist
September 09, 2009
Customer Service Expert * MS Office “Power User” * Adept Written/Verbal Communicator
- Telephone & Front Desk Reception
- Customer Service
- Database & Records Management
- Executive & Administrative Support
- Reports & Spreadsheets
- Complaint Handling
- Data Entry (75 WPM)
- Windows Vista/XP
XYZ CORPORATION (Sometown, IA), Receptionist, 3/05 to 8/09
- Excelled in role requiring the ability to handle a variety of customer service and administrative tasks and resolve customer issues with expediency.
- Demonstrated proficiencies in telephone and front-desk reception within a high-volume environment. Calmed upset/angry customers, researched and rapidly solved problems and rebuilt client trust to prevent the loss of key accounts.
- Led “cleanup” of company database and files. Restored organization to personnel, financial and operational records and accelerated data input, processing and retrieval times.
- Consistently praised by management for the quality and timeliness of reports, attention to detail, exemplary customer service delivery and team-player attitude.
SOMETOWN COMMUNITY COLLEGE (Sometown, IA), Receptionist, 3/04 to 2/05
- Served as first point of contact for students, faculty and staff calling or visiting the main administrative office. Efficiently operated campus switchboard and provided prompt, courteous and knowledgeable assistance.
- Transformed previously manual processes relating to vendor/supplier records into an efficient, computerized system. Efforts exposed overcharges and double billing to recover $5,000 in erroneous payments and prevent their recurrence.
SOMETOWN COMMUNITY COLLEGE (Sometown, IA) AS in Business, 2004
“Avery is a first-rate administrative support professional…excels in organizing our busy office… ensures all of our customers’ needs are taken care of…truly an exceptional employee…” — Excerpts from 2008 Performance Review